Actin Alpha 2 antibody
Filter by Application:WB Reset
Mouse anti Actin Alpha 2
- Product Type
- PrecisionAb Monoclonal
- Actin Alpha 2
|Mouse anti Human actin alpha 2 antibody recognizes actin alpha 2 also known as alpha-cardiac actin, aortic smooth muscle actin or cell growth-inhibiting gene 46 protein.
The protein encoded by ACTA2 gene belongs to the actin family of proteins, which are highly conserved proteins that play a role in cell motility, structure and integrity. Alpha, beta and gamma actin isoforms have been identified, with alpha actins being a major constituent of the contractile apparatus, while beta and gamma actins are involved in the regulation of cell motility. This actin is an alpha actin that is found in skeletal muscle. Defects in ACTA2 gene cause aortic aneurysm familial thoracic type 6 (AAT6). Multiple alternatively spliced variants, encoding the same protein, have been identified (provided by RefSeq, Nov 2008).
Mouse anti Human actin alpha 2 antibody detects a band of 42 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti actin alpha 2 detects a band of approximately 42 kDa in HeLa cell lysate.
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline.
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3).
- E. coli derived recombinant protein corresponding to amino acids 1-377 of human actin alpha 2
- For research purposes only.
- 12 months from date of despatch.
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up