Bu-1a/b antibody | BoA1
Bu-1 is a product of two alleles, Bu-1a (chB6.1) and Bu-1b (chB6.2).Mouse anti Guinea Fowl Bu-1a/b antibody, clone BoA1 recognizes both of these alleles. The Bu-1 antigen is expressed by chicken B-cells throughout most of their development and by a subset of monocytes and macrophages (Igyártó et al. 2008) but is absent from erythrocytes, granulocytes and thrombocytes. As such the Mouse anti Guinea Fowl Bu-1a/b antibody, clone BoA1 provides a useful marker of avian B-cells.
Clone BoA1 is unique in that while other antibodies generated against the Bu-1a/b antigen are restricted in their species reactivity, clone BoA1 recognizes the Bu-1a/b antigen in all phasianid species tested to date. Clone BoA1 therefore provides a reagent that facilitates comparative studies in both domestic and wild phasianids.
In addition to Mouse anti Guinea Fowl Bu-1a/b antibody, clone BoA1, clone AV20 which is specific to chicken Bu1-a/b and clone L22 which recognizes the Bu-1a but not the Bu-1b allele in chicken and quail, are also available from Bio-Rad.
- Target Species
- Guinea Fowl
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Quail Turkey Chicken Grey partridge
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.1% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
0.1% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Bursal cell suspension from guinea fowl (Numida melagris).
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunised Balb/c mice were fused with cells of the Sp2/0-Ag14 myeloma cell line.
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
Applications of Bu-1a/b antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Frozen|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin|
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Mouse anti Chicken Bu-1A:FITC||MCA2170F||F||0.1 mg|
|Mouse anti Chicken Bu-1a/b||MCA5764||C F IP||0.25 mg|
|Mouse anti Chicken CSF1R||MCA5956GA||C F IF||0.1 mg|
Product Specific References
References for Bu-1a/b antibody
Igyártó, B.Z. et al. (2008) Identification of the avian B-cell-specific Bu-1 alloantigen by a novel monoclonal antibody.
Poult Sci. 87 (2): 351-5.
Nagy, N. et al. (2009) Endothelial cells promote migration and proliferation of enteric neural crest cells via beta1 integrin signaling.
Dev Biol. 330 (2): 263-72.
Nagy, N. & Oláh, I. (2010) Experimental evidence for the ectodermal origin of the epithelial anlage of the chicken bursa of Fabricius.
Development. 137 (18): 3019-23.
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra