Mouse anti Dog C-reactive protein, clone cCRP1 recognizes canine C-reactive protein (CRP), a calcium-binding acute phase reactant belonging to the pentraxin family which is secreted into the plasma by the liver in response to cytokine stimulation.
CRP belongs to an evolutionally conserved group of pentamer proteins whose function is the protection of an organism against harmful antigens, including invasive infectious agents from bacteria and viruses, and from pyometra and sepsis.
Canine CRP is similar in structure to human CRP, however canine CRP differs in that two of the five subunits that make up CRP in dogs are glycosylated while normally none of the subunits making up human CRP are. As clone cCRP1 is specifically raised against dog, this antibody has an advantage over other antibodies raised against human that show cross reactivity with dog, as these cross reactive antibodies may not recognize the glycosylated subunits.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
|Target Species||Cross Reactivity|
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Canine C-reactive protein (whole molecule)
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunized Balb/c mice were fused with cells of the Sp2/0 myeloma cell line
- Store at +4oC. DO NOT FREEZE.
This product should be stored undiluted.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of C-Reactive Protein antibody
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- This product may be used in a direct ELISA or as a detection reagent in a sandwich ELISA, when conjugated to HRP, together with MCA6017GA as the capture reagent.
Copyright © 2020 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available
Positive Isotype Controls Available