Rhodopsin antibody | 1D4
Defects in the gene cause various retinopathies such as retinitis pigmentosa and X-linked congenital stationary night blindness.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mammals Amphibia
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- 10mM HEPES pH7.5, 150mM NaCl
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
0.01% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Bovine rhodopsin.
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- P02699 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- RHO Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005886 plasma membrane
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0016021 integral to membrane
- GO:0004930 G-protein coupled receptor activity
- GO:0046872 metal ion binding
- GO:0007601 visual perception
- GO:0007602 phototransduction
- GO:0009881 photoreceptor activity
- GO:0018298 protein-chromophore linkage
- GO:0042622 photoreceptor outer segment membrane
- GO:0060342 photoreceptor inner segment membrane
- For research purposes only
Applications of Rhodopsin antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin||1/100|
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Mouse retina
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
References for Rhodopsin antibody
Molday, R. S. et al. (1983) Monoclonal antibodies to rhodopsin: characterization, cross-reactivity, and application as structural probes.
Biochemistry 22: 653-60
MacKenzie, D. et al. (1984) Localization of binding sites for carboxyl terminal specific anti-rhodopsin monoclonal antibodies using synthetic peptides.
Biochemistry 23: 6544-9
Molday, R. S. et al. (1987) Peripherin. A rim-specific membrane protein of rod outer segment discs.
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 28: 50-61
Hodges, R. S. et al. (1988) Synthetic peptides define linear antigenic determinants recognized by monoclonal antibodies directed to the cytoplasmic carboxyl terminus of rhodopsin.
J Biol Chem 263: 11768-75
Molday, L. et al. (1990) The cGMP-gated cation channel of bovine rod photoreceptor cells is associated with a 240-kDa protein exhibiting immunochemical cross-reactivity with spectrin.
J Biol Chem. 265:18690-5.