Tropomodulin 1 antibody | TRM-17 (Mab17)
Mouse anti Tropomodulin 1 (N-Terminal)
- Product Type
- Monoclonal Antibody
- TRM-17 (Mab17)
- Tropomodulin 1
|Mouse anti Tropomodulin 1 (N-Terminal) antibody, clone TRM-17 recognizes chicken tropomodulin 1, otherwise known as erythrocyte tropomodulin or E-Tmod, an evolutionary very highly conserved cytoskeletal protein .
Tropomodulin 1 is a sarcomeric protein highly expressed by erythrocytes, heart and skeletal muscle, which binds to and caps pointed ends of actin filaments to prevent thin filament elongation. The binding of the N-terminal region of Tmod1 with the actin-binding protein tropomyosin blocks the elongation and depolymerization of actin filaments, contributing to the geometry of the membrane skeleton.
Mouse anti Tropomodulin 1 (N-Terminal) antibody, clone TRM-17 recognizes an epitope between amino acid residues 6-57 within the N-terminal (NT) region of tropomodulin 1 and inhibits the binding of Tmod1 to tropomyosin.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Birds Expected from Sequence Mammals Expected from Sequence Fish Expected from Sequence Insect Expected from Sequence Reptile Expected from Sequence
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- <0.1% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Recombinant chicken tropomodulin 1
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Functional Assays 1|
- 1 Removal of sodium azide is recommended prior to use in functional assays.
- Western Blotting
- MCA4760 detects a band of approximately 40kDa in chick heart lysates.
References for Tropomodulin 1 antibody
Mudry, R.E. et al. (2003) The interaction of tropomodulin with tropomyosin stabilizes thin filaments in cardiac myocytes.
J Cell Biol. 162 (6): 1057-68.
Almenar-Queralt, A. et al. (1999) Identification of a novel tropomodulin isoform, skeletal tropomodulin, that caps actin filament pointed ends in fast skeletal muscle
J Biol Chem 274: 28466-75
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up