Spectrin antibody | AA6 (7A3)
|Mouse anti Chicken spectrin, clone AA6 recognizes spectrin alpha chain, non-erythrocytic 1, also known as Alpha-II spectrin and Fodrin alpha chain, encoded by the SPTAN1 gene. Mouse anti chicken spectrin recognizes both chicken spectrin and the alpha chain of non-erythroid spectrin in mammalian cells.
Mouse anti Chicken spectrin, clone AA6 reacts with the 240 kDa full length spectrin alpha, the ~150 kDa, 145 kDa characteristic breakdown products of calpain and caspase-3 (Nath et al. 1996) and the ~120 kDa product, a result of caspase-3 activation (Nath et al. 1998).
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Rabbit Rat Guinea Pig Human Mouse Pig Mammals Expected from Sequence Human
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline.
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
1% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Chicken blood cell membrane purified by hypotonic lysis and mechanical enucleation.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.1 mg/ml
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin|
- Western Blotting
- Clone AA6 recognizes the 150kDa and 120kDa spectrin cleavage products in staurosporine-treated HeLa lysates.
References for Spectrin antibody
Ylikoski, J. et al. (1992) Distribution of F-actin and fodrin in the hair cells of the guinea pig cochlea as revealed by confocal fluorescence microscopy.
Hear Res. 60 (1): 80-8.
Ylikoski, J. et al. (1990) Nonerythroid spectrin (fodrin) is a prominent component of the cochlear hair cells.
Hear Res. 43 (2-3): 199-203.
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up