Spectrin antibody | AA6 (7A3)
Mouse anti Chicken spectrin, clone AA6 reacts with the 240 kDa full length spectrin alpha, the ~150 kDa, 145 kDa characteristic breakdown products of calpain and caspase-3 (Nath et al. 1996) and the ~120 kDa product, a result of caspase-3 activation (Nath et al. 1998).
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Rabbit Rat Guinea Pig Human Mouse Pig Mammals Expected from Sequence Human
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline.
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
1% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Chicken blood cell membrane purified by hypotonic lysis and mechanical enucleation.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.1 mg/ml
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005509 calcium ion binding
- GO:0003779 actin binding
- GO:0005516 calmodulin binding
- GO:0005856 cytoskeleton
- GO:0005938 cell cortex
- GO:0051693 actin filament capping
- For research purposes only
Applications of Spectrin antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin|
- Western Blotting
- Clone AA6 recognizes the 150kDa and 120kDa spectrin cleavage products in staurosporine-treated HeLa lysates.
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
References for Spectrin antibody
Ylikoski, J. et al. (1992) Distribution of F-actin and fodrin in the hair cells of the guinea pig cochlea as revealed by confocal fluorescence microscopy.
Hear Res. 60 (1): 80-8.
Ylikoski, J. et al. (1990) Nonerythroid spectrin (fodrin) is a prominent component of the cochlear hair cells.
Hear Res. 43 (2-3): 199-203.
Fluorescent SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra