Staphylococcus aureus Enterotoxin A antibody | C4
Mouse anti Staphylococcus aureus Enterotoxin A antibody, clone C4 recognizes Staphylococcus aureus enterotoxin type A. Staphylococcus aureus produces several different types of enterotoxins (SE’s). The SE’s are short, soluble proteins that are highly stable and resistant to most proteolytic enzymes. They belong to a family of pyrogenic toxins and as such cause an increase in body temperature, immunosuppression and non-specific T-cell proliferation. These activities are referred to as superantigen activity and results from the interaction of SE’s with T-cell antigen receptors and the major histocompatibility complex (MHC) on antigen presenting cells. In addition to their superantigen activity, SE’s are also emetics (they cause vomiting). The SE’s are important in food poisoning. Enterotoxin A is one of the SE’s most commonly identified in clinical isolates.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Staphylococcus aureus enterotoxin type A.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunised BALB/c mice were fused with cells of the Sp2/0 myeloma cell line.
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Shelf Life
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- P0A0L2 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005576 extracellular region
- GO:0046872 metal ion binding
- GO:0009405 pathogenesis
- For research purposes only
Applications of Staphylococcus aureus Enterotoxin A antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2018 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)