Clostridium difficile Toxin A antibody | 5155
Clostridium difficile is a gram-positive motile bacterium which is the leading cause of diarrhoea in developed countries. The incidence of disease in humans varies greatly with age, spore density and the administration of antibiotics.
Toxin A (TcdA) is a large exotoxin which is an essential virulence factor for C. difficile infection. TcdA has a molecular mass of ~308 kDa and is a glucosyltransferase, which irreversibly inactivates the Ras family of small GTPases to disrupt many important signalling pathways.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
0.1% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Clostridium difficile toxin A.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.1mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
Applications of Clostridium difficile Toxin A antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
References for Clostridium difficile Toxin A antibody
Voth, D.E. & Ballard, J.D. (2005) Clostridium difficile toxins: mechanism of action and role in disease.
Clin Microbiol Rev. 18 (2): 247-63.
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra