Anthrax antibody | LFA58
Mouse anti Anthrax Lethal Factor antibody, clone LFA58 recognizes the Lethal Factor of the anthrax toxin. Bacillus anthracis produces a toxin composed of three proteins, the Protective Antigen (PA), the Edema Factor (EF) and the Lethal Factor (LF). The three proteins depend on each other for their toxic effect. Both EF and LF functions intracellularly but are too large to enter the cell through existing channels. The PA is responsible for transporting the EF and LF into cells. The LF acts as an endoprotease, removing the N-terminus of mitogen-activated protein kinase kinases (MAPKK). The kinases are prevented from binding to their substrates, which leads to altered signalling pathways and ultimately to apoptosis.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Highly purified Bacillus anthracis lethal factor.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunised Balb/c mice were fused with cells of the Sp2/0 myeloma cell line.
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Shelf Life
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- P15917 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- pxo1_107 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0008237 metallopeptidase activity
- GO:0005576 extracellular region
- GO:0046872 metal ion binding
- GO:0009405 pathogenesis
- For research purposes only
Applications of Anthrax antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2019 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
References for Anthrax antibody
Bromberg-White, JL. and Duesbery, NS. (2008) Biological and Biochemical Characterization of Anthrax Lethal Factor, a Proteolytic Inhibitor of MEK Signaling Pathways.