Fluorescent Labeled Inhibitors of Serine Protease (FLISP) kits allow the analysis of intracellular chymotrypsin-like serine protease activity in live cells. Serine protease activation plays major roles in several different cellular functions including apoptosis, tumor malignancy and as diagnostic and prognostic indicators of breast, head and neck carcinomas. Serine proteases are also thought to play a role in infections and transplant rejection.
- Reagents in the Kit
- FAM-Leu-DAP FLISP Reagent - lyophilized
10X Wash Buffer, 15 mL
Fixative, 6 mL
Propidium Iodide, 1 mL
Hoechst Stain, 1 mL
- Test Principle
- Active chymotrypsin-like enzymes within the cell bind covalently to the FLISP FAM-Leu-DAP inhibitor probe, retaining the green fluorescent signal within the cell. The higher the concentration of active chymotrypsin-like enzymes within the cell, the higher the level of fluorescence observed. FLISP kits are suitable for use with suspension or adherent cells and can be used with a flow cytometer, fluorescence microscope or a fluorescence plate reader.
FLISP inhibitors are cell-permeable and non-cytotoxic fluorochrome-labeled analogs of the first serine protease inhibitor, tosyl-phenlalanylchloromethyl ketone (TPCK), labeled with carboxyfluorescein (FAM) which fluoresces green. They are available with either a chloromethyl ketone (CMK) or diphenyl 1-(N-peptidylamino) alkanephosphonate (DAP) reactive group containing compound. Specificity for chymotrypsin-like enzymes is determined by the amino acid targeting peptide, the FAM-Leu-DAP probe inhibits chymotrypsin C.
- MULTIPLE STORAGE CONDITIONS APPLY ON ARRIVAL. Store the unopened kit (and each unopened component) according to the storage instructions on each component label.
Store the FLISP reagent at -20oC. Once reconstituted in DMSO, the FLISP stock should be stored at -20oC for 6 months, protected from light. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing.
- Guaranteed until date of expiry. Please see product label.
- FLISP is a trademark of Immunochemistry Technologies, LLC.
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of Serine Protease Assay Kit
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Instructions For Use
- Instructions for use can be found at www.bio-rad-antibodies.com/uploads/IFU/APO008.pdf
Copyright © 2020 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Useful Reagents Available