Mitochondrial Permeability Transition:MitoPT™ JC-1 Kit
- Reagents in the Kit
- MitoPT JC-1 Reagent, 400 tests
Two bottles 10x Assay Buffer, 125 mL
CCCP (50 mM in DMSO), 600 uL
- Test Principle
- An early indication of apoptosis involves a collapse in the electrochemical gradient across the mitochondrial membrane. Loss of mitochondrial membrane potential can be detected by a unique fluorescent cationic dye known as JC-1 (5,5’,6,6’-tetrachloro-1,1’,3,3’-tetraethylbenzamidazolocarbocyanin iodide) that has been incorporated into the MitoPT JC-1 kit.
The MitoPT JC-1 reagent easily penetrates cells and enters the mitochondria. It aggregates in the mitochondria of non-apoptotic cells and fluoresces red, whilst in apoptotic cells it diffuses throughout the cell. Once dispersed, the reagent assumes a monomeric form and fluoresces green. This allows an easy distinction between non-apoptotic red fluorescent cells and apoptotic green fluorescent cells which can be read with a flow cytometer, fluorescence microscope or a fluorescence plate reader using black microtitre plates.
- Store the unopened kit and each unopened component at -20°C until the expiration date. Once opened, some components may be stored at 2-8°C until the expiration date. CCCP should be stored frozen. Once reconstituted with DMSO, dilute and use MitoPT reagent immediately, or store at ≤-20°C for 12 months protected from light and thawed no more than twice.
- Guaranteed until date of expiry. Please see product label.
- MitoPT™ is a trademark of Immunochemistry Technologies, LLC.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Mitochondrial Permeability Transition:MitoPT™ JC-1 Kit
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Instructions For Use
- Instructions for use can be found at www.bio-rad-antibodies.com/uploads/IFU/ICT944.pdf
Product Specific References
References for Mitochondrial Permeability Transition:MitoPT™ JC-1 Kit
Gizak, A. et al. (2019) Targeting a moonlighting function of aldolase induces apoptosis in cancer cells.
Cell Death Dis. 10 (10): 712.
Jasek, E. et al. (2012) Effect of histone deacetylase inhibitors trichostatin A and valproic acid on etoposide-induced apoptosis in leukemia cells.
Anticancer Res. 32 (7): 2791-9.
Xiaojuan, W. et al. (2014) In Vitro Comparative Effect of Three Novel Borate Bioglasses on the Behaviors of Osteoblastic MC3T3-E1 Cells
Journal of Materials Science & Technology. 30 (10): 979-83.
Fluorescent SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra
New Mitochondrial Dynamics Poster
Learn about the mitochondrial fusion-division cycle and how aberrant regulation results in diseaseDownload or order your free poster