Mitochondrial Membrane Potential MitoPT™ TMRM Kit
The MitoPT™ TMRM kit uses a quick and easy staining method to clearly differentiate between non-apoptotic and apoptotic cells through mitochondrial functionality.
- Reagents in the Kit
- MitoPTTM TMRM Reagent - lyophilized - to make up 1mM stock
10X Assay Buffer, 125mL
600uL vial 50mM Carbonylcyanide m - chlorophenylhydrazone (CCCP) concentrate in DMSO.
- Test Principle
- An early indication of apoptosis involves a collapse in the electrochemical gradient across the mitochondrial membrane. Loss of mitochondrial membrane potential can be detected by a unique fluorescent cationic dye known as TMRM (tetramethylrhodamine methyl ester), that has been incorporated into the MitoPTTM TMRM kit.
The MitoPTTM TMRM reagent easily penetrates cells and enters the mitochondria. It aggregates in the mitochondria of non-apoptotic cells and fluoresces bright orange/red, whilst in apoptotic cells it diffuses throughout the cell. Once dispersed, the reagent assumes a monomeric form and exhibits a reduced orange/red fluorescence level. This allows an easy distinction between apoptotic and non-apoptotic fluorescent cells which can be read with a flow cytometer, fluorescence microscope or a fluorescence plate reader using black microtitre plates.
- Store the unopened kit (and each unopened component) at -20oC until the expiration date.
Protect the MitoPTTM TMRM reagent from light at all times.
Once reconstituted, the 1mM MitoPTTM TMRM stock should be stored at -20oC protected from light.
- Shelf Life
- Please see label for expiry date
- MitoPTTM is a trademark of Immunochemistry Technologies, LLC.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Mitochondrial Membrane Potential MitoPT™ TMRM Kit
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Instructions For Use
- Instructions for use can be found at www.bio-rad-antibodies.com/uploads/IFU/IFUICT948.pdf
Copyright © 2018 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Useful Reagents Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Mitochondrial Membrane Potential Kit||ICT946||500 Tests||F IF|