|The Magic Red Cathepsin K Kit uses a quick and easy method to analyze intracellular cathepsin K protease activity in whole living cells.|
- Reagents in the Kit
- Magic Red Substrate (MR-LR2), 25 Tests - lyophilized
Hoechst 33342, 1 mL
Acridine Orange, 0.5 mL
- Test Principle
- Cathepsin Magic Red Kits measure cathepsin K protease activity by detecting active cathepsins in whole, living cells. These kits do not work by using antibodies or as an ELISA. Instead, their methodology is based on a cell-permeable and non-cytotoxic reagent which is cleaved in the presence of cathepsins to produce a fluorescent product.
The Magic Red reagent contains a cathepsin K target sequence peptide (LR)2 linked to a red (Cresyl Violet) fluorescent probe.
The Cathepsin Magic Red Kits are suitable for cells in suspension and adherent cells from many species including mammalian, insect and yeast. Different cell types, e.g. Jurkat, HL-60, THP-1, fibroblasts, UMUC-3, MCF-7 and U937 cells have also been successfully studied with these kits.
This kit can be used in fluorescence microscopy or with fluorescence plate readers using black microtitre plates.
- For research purposes only
- Guaranteed until date of expiry. Please see product label.
- Magic Red™ is a trademark of Immunochemistry Technologies, LLC.
Once reconstituted with DMSO, use Magic Red reagent immediately, or store at -20oC for 6 months protected from light and thawed no more than twice during that time.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Instructions For Use
- Instructions for use can be found at www.bio-rad-antibodies.com/uploads/IFU/ICT939.pdf
References for Cathepsin K
Azuma, K. et al. (2007) Two osteoclastic markers expressed in multinucleate osteoclasts of goldfish scales.
Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 362 (3): 594-600.
de Vrieze, E. et al. (2010) ALP, TRAcP and cathepsin K in elasmoid scales: a role in mineral metabolism?
Journal of Applied Ichthyology. 26 (2): 210-3.
Please Note: All Products are "FOR RESEARCH PURPOSES ONLY"
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up