Annexin V Kit
The conjugation protocol used to prepare this product has not changed the native phospholipid binding properties of Annexin V. This protocol is designed to measure apoptosis easily and quickly in a sample of suspended cells.
View our complete list of formats and sizes of Annexin V kits
- Buffer Solution
- Annexin V:FITC:
TRIS Buffered saline
Binding Buffer (after dilution):
- Preservative Stabilisers
- Annexin V:FITC:
0.02% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
1% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Reagents in the Kit
Annexin V:FITC 1 x 1.5ml vial Propidium Iodide 2 x 1.6ml vial at 20ug/ml Binding buffer 1 x 50ml vial at x 4 concentrate
- Store at +4oC. DO NOT FREEZE.
This product should be stored undiluted. This product is photosensitive and should be protected from light. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Guaranteed until date of expiry. Please see product label.
- P08758 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- ANXA5 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005509 calcium ion binding
- GO:0007596 blood coagulation
- GO:0004859 phospholipase inhibitor activity
- GO:0007165 signal transduction
- GO:0005544 calcium-dependent phospholipid binding
- GO:0005737 cytoplasm
- GO:0006916 anti-apoptosis
- GO:0050819 negative regulation of coagulation
- For research purposes only
Applications of Annexin V Kit
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Instructions For Use
- 1) Dilute binding buffer 1:4 in distilled water (50ml binding buffer + 150ml distilled water).
2) Wash cells in PBS by gentle shaking or by pipetting up and down.
3) Resuspend cells in 200ul of pre-diluted binding buffer, adjusting to a cell density of 2-5 x 105 cells/ml.
4) Add 5ul Annexin V:FITC to 195ul of the cell suspension prepared in step 3.
5) Mix and incubate for 10 minutes in the dark, at room temperature.
6) Wash cells in 200ul of pre-diluted binding buffer.
7) Resuspend cells in 190ul pre-diluted binding buffer.
8) Add 10ul of the Propidium Iodide solution.
9) Analyse by flow cytometry.
The flow cytometer is preferably set such that the Mean Fluorescence Intensity of the Annexin V negative population is between 1 and 10. Optimal parameter settings can be found using a positive control. For a positive control, incubate the cells with 3% formaldehyde in buffer during 30 minutes on ice. Wash away the formaldehyde and suspend the cells in cold binding buffer at 2-5 x 105 cells/ml. Proceed with step 2 as described above.
Useful Reagents Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Annexin V:Biotin Assay Kit||ANNEX100B||F||100 Tests|
|Annexin V:FITC Assay Kit||ANNEX100F||F||100 Tests|
|Annexin V:Biotin Assay Kit||ANNEX20B||F||20 Tests|
|Annexin V:FITC Assay Kit||ANNEX20F||F||20 Tests|
Product Specific References
References for Annexin V Kit
Lu, K.H. et al. (2010) In Vitro and In Vivo Apoptosis-Inducing Antileukemic Effects of Mucuna macrocarpa Stem Extract on HL-60 Human Leukemia Cells.
Integr Cancer Ther. 9: 298-308.
Yen, J.H. et al. (2010) Glycine tomentella Hayata inhibits IL-1β and IL-6 production, inhibits MMP-9 activity, and enhances RAW264.7 macrophage clearance of apoptotic cells.
J Biomed Sci. 17: 83.
Chen, C.W. et al. (2010) The signals of FGFs on the neurogenesis of embryonic stem cells.
J Biomed Sci.17:33.
Lu KH et al. (2012) Synergistic Apoptosis-Inducing Antileukemic Effects of Arsenic Trioxide and Mucuna macrocarpa Stem Extract in Human Leukemic Cells via a Reactive Oxygen Species-Dependent Mechanism.
Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. 2012: 921430.
Smith, K. et al. (2011) Mono- and tri-cationic porphyrin-monoclonal antibody conjugates: photodynamic activity and mechanism of action.
Immunology. 132 (2): 256-65.
Koutsogiannaki S et al. (2015) Effects of cadmium and 17β-estradiol on Mytilus galloprovincialis redox status. Prooxidant-antioxidant balance (PAB) as a novel approach in biomonitoring of marine environments.
Mar Environ Res. 103: 80-8.