Goat anti Human LNK antibodyrecognizes human SH2B adapter protein 3, also known as Lymphocyte-specific adapter protein Lnk or Lymphocyte adapter protein. LNK is a 575 amino acid SH2B adapteer protein containing a single PH domain and a single SH2 domain. Goat anti Human LNK antibody binds to an epitope within the N-terminal region of LNK, which regulates cytokine receptor-mediated and growth factor pathways, and plays an essential role in B cell lymphopoiesis.
LNK mRNA is preferentially expressed in lymph node and spleen lymphocytes and the expression of LNK in vascular endothelial cells (ECs), increases in response to TNFα. LNK acts as a negative regulator of the pro-inflammatory molecules VCAM-1 and E-selectin induced by TNFα, modulation of P13-kinase and MAPK ERK1/2 activity. LNK is also involved in the negative regulation of Thrombopoietin-mediated cell proliferation and endomitosis in hematopoietic cell lines.
Purified IgG - liquid
Antisera to LNK (NT) were raised by repeated immunisation of Goat with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography.
0.02% Sodium Azide 0.5% Bovine Serum Albumin
Peptide sequence NGPALQPSSPC from LNK amino-terminus.
Approx. Protein Concentrations
IgG concentration 0.5mg/ml
Reagents In The Kit
Preparing The Antibody
TRIS buffered saline
Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
Histology Positive Control Tissue
AHP1003 detects a band of approximately 70kDa in human MOLT4 cell lysates. (Predicted Mwt. 63.2kDa). A band of 68kDA was resolved in HUVECs, See Fitau et al. for details. Suitable loading controls: Human anti Human actin β, HCA147 Rat anti tubulin α, MCA77
1. Fitau, J. et al. (2006) The adaptor molecule LNK negatively regulates TNFα-dependent VCAM-1 expression in endothelial cells through inhibition of the ERK1 and 2 pathways. J. Biol. Chem. 281: 20148-59
2. Devallière, J. et al. (2012) LNK (SH2B3) is a key regulator of integrin signaling in endothelial cells and targets a-parvin to control cell adhesion and migration.FASEB J. 26: 2592-606.
3. Gery, S. et al. (2007) Adaptor protein Lnk negatively regulates the mutant MPL, MPLW515L associated with myeloproliferative disorders.Blood. 110: 3360-4.
5. Wan, M. et al. (2006) TNF-a Induces Lnk Expression Through PI3K-Dependent Signaling Pathway in Human Umbilical Vein Endothelial CellsJ Surg Res. 136: 53-7.
6. Fitau, J. et al. (2006) The adaptor molecule Lnk negatively regulates tumor necrosis factor-alpha-dependent VCAM-1 expression in endothelial cells through inhibition of the ERK1 and -2 pathways.J Biol Chem. 281: 20148-59.
7. Wan, M. et al. (2007) Eicosapentaenoic acid inhibits TNF-alpha-induced Lnk expression in human umbilical vein endothelial cells: involvement of the PI3K/Akt pathway.J Nutr Biochem. 18: 17-22.
8. Chatelais, M. et al. (2011) Gene transfer of the adaptor Lnk (SH2B3) prevents porcine endothelial cell activation and apoptosis: implication for xenograft's cytoprotection.Xenotransplantation. 18: 108-20.
9. Devallière, J. et al. (2012) LNK (SH2B3) is a key regulator of integrin signaling in endothelial cells and targets a-parvin to control cell adhesion and migration.FASEB J. 26: 2592-606.