Rubella virus is an enveloped, single-stranded RNA virus of the Togaviridae family. Infection with the virus leads to rubella, commonly known as German measles, a common childhood illness. The primary symptom is a rash on the face, trunk and limbs which normally fades after about three days. Fever, swollen glands, joint pains, headaches and conjunctivitis may also be present. Symptoms are usually mild and the virus is rapidly eliminated from the body. Infection of a pregnant woman is potentially serious since the child may be born with congenital rubella syndrome, characterised by cardiac, cerebral, ophthalmic and auditory defects.
For a more highly purified Rubella virus preparation, please see PIP045.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Inactivated Rubella virus - liquid
- Rubella virus, HPV-77 strain, cultured in Vero cells, an established cell line from African Green Monkey kidney. Infected cells release virus particles into the culture supernatant. The supernatant is harvested, clarified and concentrated. The virus suspension is purified by one cycle of sucrose gradient purification. The antigen preparation is inactivated by exposure to UV light. This method leads to maximum loss of infectivity with a minimum loss of antigenicity.
- Buffer Solution
- NTE buffer (Sodium chloride, Tris and EDTA) + sucrose buffer
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- 143% of internal reference standard.
This product has been rendered inactive by standard procedures. However this material should still be handled as infectious and should be disposed of appropriately.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Please see label for concentration
- Store at -70oC.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the protein.
- Guaranteed until date of expiry. Please see product label.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Rubella Virus
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Instructions For Use
- PIP044 should be sonicated immediately before use to ensure the preparation is uniform. The product may be used in a variety of immunoassay formats.