Herpes simplex Virus 2
Native Herpes simplex Virus 2
- Product Type
- Herpes simplex Virus 2
|Herpes simplex virus 2 (HSV-2) belongs to Herpesviridae, a family of viruses with several members that invade the human nervous system, causing a variety of illnesses including cold sores, chickenpox, shingles and various cancers. Herpes viruses may also cause encephalitis or infectious corneal blindness. HSV is transmitted during close contact with an infected person who is shedding virus from the skin, in saliva or in secretions from the genitals and commonly persists in latent infection.
This Native Herpes simplex Virus 2 product contains a high concentration of virus particles and components in tissue culture medium contianing a low concentration of bovine serum. Some residual host cellular material is present.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Inactivated Herpes simplex virus 2 - liquid
- Herpes simplex virus 2, MS strain, cultured in BSC-1, a cell line derived from African Green monkey kidney. Herpes simplex virus 2 antigen is collected from both the cell and supernatant phases of tissue culture. The antigen is harvested by disrupting optimally infected monolayers in the tissue culture medium. Cellular debris is removed by centrifugation. The antigen preparation is inactivated using gamma radiation, which primarily damages viral genetic material.
- Buffer Solution
- Tissue culture medium
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Antigenic activity is 81.6% of internal reference standard
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Current, batch-specific concentration 1.9 mg/ml
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the protein.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Instructions For Use
- PIP010 should be sonicated immediately before use to ensure the preparation is uniform. The product may be used in a variety of immunoassay formats or may be further purified to meet the requirements of a particular assay format.
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up