Herpes simplex Virus 2
This Native Herpes simplex Virus 2 product contains a high concentration of virus particles and components in tissue culture medium contianing a low concentration of bovine serum. Some residual host cellular material is present.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Inactivated Herpes simplex virus 2 - liquid
- Herpes simplex virus 2, MS strain, cultured in BSC-1, a cell line derived from African Green monkey kidney. Herpes simplex virus 2 antigen is collected from both the cell and supernatant phases of tissue culture. The antigen is harvested by disrupting optimally infected monolayers in the tissue culture medium. Cellular debris is removed by centrifugation. The antigen preparation is inactivated using gamma radiation, which primarily damages viral genetic material.
- Buffer Solution
- Tissue culture medium
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Antigenic activity is 68% of internal reference standard
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Please see label for concentration
- Store at -70oC.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the protein.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- For research purposes only
Applications of Herpes simplex Virus 2
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Instructions For Use
- PIP010 should be sonicated immediately before use to ensure the preparation is uniform. The product may be used in a variety of immunoassay formats or may be further purified to meet the requirements of a particular assay format.