Herpes simplex Virus 2
This Native Herpes simplex Virus 2 product contains a high concentration of virus particles and components in tissue culture medium contianing a low concentration of bovine serum. Some residual host cellular material is present.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Inactivated Herpes simplex virus 2 - liquid
- Herpes simplex virus 2, MS strain, cultured in BSC-1, a cell line derived from African Green monkey kidney. Herpes simplex virus 2 antigen is collected from both the cell and supernatant phases of tissue culture. The antigen is harvested by disrupting optimally infected monolayers in the tissue culture medium. Cellular debris is removed by centrifugation. The antigen preparation is inactivated using gamma radiation, which primarily damages viral genetic material.
- Buffer Solution
- Tissue culture medium
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Antigenic activity is 81.6% of internal reference standard
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Current, batch-specific concentration 1.9 mg/ml
- Store at -70oC.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the protein.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- For research purposes only
Applications of Herpes simplex Virus 2
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Instructions For Use
- PIP010 should be sonicated immediately before use to ensure the preparation is uniform. The product may be used in a variety of immunoassay formats or may be further purified to meet the requirements of a particular assay format.
Fluorescent SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra