S-Adenosyl-homocysteine (CAS number: 979-92-0) hydrolyzes in acid solution (0.1M HCl, 100°C, over 90 minutes) to form S-ribosylhomocysteine. It is not hydrolyzed in neutral alkaline solutions (stable in 0.1M NaOH at 25°C over 10 minutes), but oxidation is more rapid in alkaline solution. S-Adenosyl-homocysteine is slowly oxidized to the sulfoxide as a solid and in solution. It is protected from oxidation by thiodiglycol; neutral solutions containing thiodiglycol are stable for long periods at 25°C.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Synthetic protein - liquid
- Buffer Solution
- 0.1 M HCl
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- >99% by TLC
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- 1.0 mg/ml
- Protein Molecular Weight
- Store at -20oC only.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the protein. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- For research purposes only
Applications of S-Adenosyl-Homocysteine
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Fluorescent SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra