Nerve Growth Factor 2.5S
Nerve growth factor (NGF) is a protein secreted by the target of a neuron that stimulates the growth and differentiation of the sympathetic and certain sensory nerves. Nerve growth factor initially as a 7S proNGF peptide of 3 subunits, alpha, beta (2.5S) and gamma, with the beta (2.5S) subunit having sole responsibility for nerve and growth stimulating activity.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified NGF from mouse submaxillaries - lyophilised
- Dissolve product in a small volume of sterile distilled water. Stability may be enhanced by the addition of albumin.
- Prepared by a modification of the method by Bocchini and Angeletti (1). Bioassayed in a rat pheochromocytoma cell line (2).
- Buffer Solution
- TRIS buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- SDS PAGE: >95%
- Prior to reconstitution store at +4oC.
After reconstitution store at -20oC.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the protein.
- 12 months from date of despatch.
- P01139 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- Ngf Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005057 receptor signaling protein activity
- GO:0005788 endoplasmic reticulum lumen
- GO:0007422 peripheral nervous system development
- GO:0008083 growth factor activity
- GO:0019233 sensory perception of pain
- GO:0043524 negative regulation of neuron apoptosis
- GO:0045773 positive regulation of axon extension
- GO:0046928 regulation of neurotransmitter secretion
- For research purposes only
Applications of Nerve Growth Factor 2.5S
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using the appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2019 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Product Specific References
References for Nerve Growth Factor 2.5S
Bocchini, V. & Angeletti, P.U. (1969) The nerve growth factor: purification as a 30,000-molecular-weight protein.
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 64 (2): 787-94.
Green, L.A. (1977) A quantitative bioassay for nerve growth factor (NGF) activity employing a clonal pheochromocytoma cell line.
Brain Res. 133 (2): 350-3.
Sun, H.L. & Jiang, T. (2015) The structure of nerve growth factor in complex with lysophosphatidylinositol.
Acta Crystallogr F Struct Biol Commun. 71 (Pt 7): 906-12.