Native Human Complement Component C1q is a sub-component of complement C1. C1q associates with complement components C1r and C1s, which are required for the progression of the proteolytic complement cascade. Deficiency of C1q has been associated with lupus erythematosus and glomerulonephritis.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified C1q from human serum - lyophilised
- Reconstitute with 1.0ml distilled water
Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution.
The solution may appear cloudy following reconstitution
- Buffer Solution
- 0.01M Na2EDTA
0.3M NaCl, pH 7.5
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- SDS PAGE: >96%
Single band at 410kDa in PAGE.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Total protein concentration 1.0 mg/ml after reconstitution
- Store at +4oC. DO NOT FREEZE.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the protein. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Shelf Life
- 3 months from date of reconstitution.
- P02745 Related reagents
- P02747 Related reagents
- P02746 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- C1QA Related reagents
- C1QB Related reagents
- C1QC Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005602 complement component C1 complex
- GO:0006958 complement activation, classical pathway
- GO:0007267 cell-cell signaling
- GO:0045087 innate immune response
- GO:0005576 extracellular region
- GO:0030853 negative regulation of granulocyte differentiation
- GO:0045650 negative regulation of macrophage differentiation
- For research purposes only
Applications of C1q
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using the appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2018 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Product Specific References
References for C1q
Wenderfer, S.E. et al. (2007) Analysis of C4 and the C4 binding protein in the MRL/lpr mouse.
Arthritis Res Ther. 9: R114.
Kanda, Y. et al. (2007) Comparison of biological activity among nonfucosylated therapeutic IgG1 antibodies with three different N-linked Fc oligosaccharides: the high-mannose, hybrid, and complex types.
Glycobiology. 17 (1): 104-18.
Kao, D. et al. (2015) A Monosaccharide Residue Is Sufficient to Maintain Mouse and Human IgG Subclass Activity and Directs IgG Effector Functions to Cellular Fc Receptors
Cell Reports. 6 Dec [Epub ahead of print]