Clostridium difficile Toxoid A
|Clostridium difficile is a gram-positive bacteria naturally present in the gut of some children and very few adults. Occasionally, the use of antibiotics to treat other infections may lead to C. difficile infection and severe diarrhoea and fever. Symptoms are caused by toxin A (an enterotoxin) and toxin B (a cytotoxin).
MPP022 is a highly purified, non toxic preparation derived from Clostridium difficile Toxin A. Antigenicity of this preparation is maintained to be no less than 90% of original toxin strength as measured by direct ELISA.
For a preparation of Toxoid B, see MPP024.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Inactivated toxoid derived from purified Clostridium difficile Toxin A - lyophilized
- Reconstitute with 250 µl distilled water.
Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution.
- Inactivated using formaldehyde. No cell rounding in the sensitive verocytotoxicity assay at 2µg/ml compared to active toxin lethal dose of 0.2ng/ml.
- Buffer Solution
- 0.05M HEPES, 0.15M NaCl, 5% Sucrose
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- >95% by SDS-PAGE
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- 0.2 mg/ml after reconstitution
- For research purposes only
- 1 month from date of reconstitution if stored at +4oC
After reconstitution it is recommended to aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the protein. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up